|English Localized Name(s)||Bibbidi|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 445(Mentioned)|
Bibidi (ビビディ; Viz "Bibbidi") is an alien mage, and the one responsible for magically awakening Majin Boo from his long hibernation. Letting Majin Boo run loose throughout the Universe, he is responsible for the deaths of many, including the Kaiōshin that presided over the universe. He was eventually killed, long before the original story began, by the East Kaiōshin. Bibidi, however, would live on in a sense in his dopplegänger, Babidi, who continued his original's work before being killed by Majin Boo.
Bibidi was an exceptionally powerful mage during his lifetime, who created unique spells, such as the ability to create dopplegängers. Additionally, he was the only individual who knew the method of awakening the hibernating Majin Boo from his slumber, and had the ability to make him do his bidding to a degree. In addition to these spells, he created a spell with which to seal Majin Boo away into a ball.
As Bibidi was Babidi's original, he more than likely possessed many of the abilities that Babidi himself does. The 'outstanding magical power' that Babidi possesses in comparison to other mages throughout the Universe was inherited from Bibidi when the latter was killed.
- Bibidi, despite being mentioned multiple times, never made an appearance in the original manga.
- Bibidi's name is a pun on the magic phrase from the movie Cinderella, "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo". His dopplegänger, Babidi, and the creature Majin Boo, all derive their names from different portions of this phrase.
- In the Viz English localization of the manga, his name is spelled "Bibbidi", to be more in line with the phrase his name originates from. Similar changes were made to Babidi, Majin Boo, and Dābura.
- ↑ Daizenshū 5, page 204
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 445, pages 13-14
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 445, page 15
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Dragon Ball Full Color: Majin Buu Arc Volume #05 (04 July 2014)—Akira Toriyama-sensei is answering!!
- ↑ Saikyō Jump June 2014 Issue (02 May 2014)—“Twel-Bū Mysteries” (Naho Ooishi x Akira Toriyama Q&A)