|Alternative Name(s)||Broccoli (ブロッコリー, Burokkorī)|
|Epithet||Legendary Super Saiyan (伝説の超サイヤ人, Densetsu no Sūpā Saiya-jin)|
Hiroko Emori(Baby, Child)
|Movie Debut||Movie #11|
|Game Debut||Dragon Ball Z: Super Martial Arts Legend 2|
Broly was a tall young man, standing taller than both his father and Son Gokū, with the trademark black hair and eyes of the Saiyan race. As both a Saiyan and a warrior, Broly was muscular and wore an assortment of jewelry — namely, armbands, a necklace, and (at one time) a ring around his head.
In terms of apparel, Broly was never seen wearing a shirt or any armor to cover his upper torso. He wore white, baggy pants underneath a red cloth, which he kept wrapped around his waist. All of which was held in place by a golden belt. He also wore similar golden boots.
As an infant, Broly had the trademark tail of the Saiyan race. However, at some point during his youth, his tail was removed and never grew back.
- Broly's name is a pun on the vegetable "broccoli" (ブロッコリー, burokkorī).
- In his blog, Noppo no Zakkan, Takao Koyama, the screenwriter for the first thirteen Dragon Ball Z films and the series organizer for the Dragon Ball Z anime, commented that Broly was a "pushover" compared to Beerus. Despite this, he found Broly to be a "scarier" villain.
- In Dragon Ball Z: Burn Up!! A Red-Hot, Raging, Super-Fierce Fight, Broly is given speaking lines, but in the games however, he is limited to cackles, grunts, fits of maniacal laughter, and his well-known phrase: "KAKAROTTO!!!"
- Broly is the second Saiyan character to use Kakarotto's adopted name Gokū (the other being Vegeta).
- The FUNimation dub has Broly saying that he chooses Gokū to be the first of his victims (despite claiming the lives of the South Galaxy).
- Broly's reason for killing his father varies, either because he felt abandoned by the person who risked his life for him or has revenge for putting the mind control device on him.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found