|“||TRUE POWER KNOWS NO LIMIT!||”|
|Dragon Ball FighterZ|
|Video Game Info|
|Playable on||PlayStation 4, Xbox One. Steam (except Japan)|
|Japanese||February 1, 2018|
January 26, 2018|
January 26, 2018
Dragon Ball Fighters (ドラゴンボール ファイターズ, Doragon Bōru Faitāzu), stylized as DRAGON BALL FighterZ, is a 2.5D fighting game, developed by Arc System Works and published by Bandai Namco, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. It is slated for a release on February 1st, 2018.
The games' graphical style is meant to mimic the anime series' animation, and will feature "ultra high speed battles" and "flashy special moves" that wouldn't be possible in the 3D format of recent Dragon Ball titles. Some characters will be able to transform, such as Freeza into his Golden Freeza form. Others, however, such as Gokū, Gohan, and Vegeta will fight pre-transformed as Super Saiyans or Super Saiyan 2, but can transform further for Ultimate Attacks — such as Gokū, who can transform into Super Saiyan 3 before releasing a True Kamehameha.
Dragon Ball FighterZ takes place after the end of Dragon Ball Z, and the plot of FighterZ is central to the involvement of the Androids. An incident occurs, involving the downfall of the Dragon Team. The story will be split across different "Volumes", such as the "Android" and "Enemy Warriors" Volumes, during which the player will be linked to No. 18 and Freeza, respectively.
Super Warriors Arc
Enemy Warriors Arc
Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2 was, in part, critical to the decision to develop this game. According to Bandai Namco, the former game gave them insight into the fanbase's willingness to accept a Dragon Ball game that drifted away from the series' regular plotline which previous games have revisited for decades, as well as showing them that fans were completely dedicated to the Dragon Ball world that Toriyama had created. Due to this, and Bandai's desire to make a game that the fans will keep playing for years, Dragon Ball FighterZ was conceived.
Dragon Ball FighterZ was not the original name considered for the product, as various Bandai Namco offices worldwide submitted their suggestions — one of which was Dragon Ball Rising, and others suggested utilising the "Butōden" label, to associate the series with the older series of games — but BandaI Namco eventually came to consider FighterZ to be the perfect label. According to Tomoko Hiroki, with "Z" being the last letter in the alphabet, it would "express a sense of being the end-all, greatest game there ever is".
Following the release of Dragon Ball FighterZ, Bandai Namco and producer Tomoko Hiroki outlined a roadmap for patches that would fix online issues such as lobby disconect and matching in "Ring Match", patches are schedule to release sometime on late February and late March.
The game will have a Season Pass, dubbed FighterZ Pass, as an $34.99 purchase indeed slated to include eight additional (unannounced) characters as well as each figher coming with their respective stamp, lobby avatar and alternative colors. The game will also have a pre-order bundle which on top of coming with the FighterZ Pass it will come with an "Anime Music Pack" (11 songs from the anime), a "Commentor Voice Pack", early unlock of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Gokū and Vegeta, provide early access to an Open Beta that will take place before the game releases.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is the first Dragon Ball game created since pre-God and God to not include Super Saiyan God Son Gokū.
- FighterZ was the début as well as conclusion to voice acting careers in regards to Dragon Ball games:
- FighterZ marks the last time Hiromi Tsuru voiced Bulma, before she passed away.
- FighterZ marks the début of Matthew Mercer as Hit in a game, reprising his role from the anime and taking over for Aaron Roberts, who voiced Hit in XenoVerse2. FighterZ is the first game where Laura Bailey does not voice Trunks; Alexis Tipton reprises her role from Dragon Ball Super. Daman Mills makes his first gaming début as Freeza, filling in for Chris Ayres.
- ↑ Homepage
- ↑ PS4/Xbox One/PC Dragon Ball Fighting Game From Guilty Gear Dev Announced
- ↑ "Dragon Ball" Warriors To Fight In 2.5D Game From "Guilty Gear" Creators
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 YOUR WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED, gameinformer, October 2017 edition
- ↑ DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ ADDS NAPPA AND CAPTAIN GINYU TO ROSTER
- ↑ WhatZ in a Name?, gameinformer, October 2017 edition
- ↑ Bandai Namco & Producer Tomoko Hiroki Outline Roadmap for Upcoming “Dragon Ball FighterZ” Patches
- ↑ http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/10/23/microsoft-lists-dragon-ball-fighterz-ultimate-edition-with-eight-new-characters-anime-music-pack-and-commentator-voice-pack/ Microsoft Lists “Dragon Ball FighterZ: Ultimate Edition” with Eight New Characters, Anime Music Pack, and Commentator Voice Pack