Sysops or system operators are users trusted to be responsible enough to have access to the following tools:
- They have all privileges from the rollback and chat moderator groups and also have the ability to:
- Edit the MediaWiki namespace to make changes to the interface.
The sysop flag is not a status symbol. Sysops are simply other members of the community with some extra tools on the wiki.
Sysops have the ability to grant and revoke forum moderator and chat moderator rights.
How do you become a sysop?
- Every founder of a wiki is automatically granted sysop access on the wiki they founded.
- Other users may also be granted this access, by the founder, or by Bureaucrats.
- A list of sysops can be found at: Special:Listusers/sysop.
- Do not ask to become a sysop. The flag is given out on the basis of need to either effectively manage the wiki, or if there are special semantic functions that you carry out on the wiki.