- Keep in mind that these policies are ultimately guidelines. If it's found that a policy restricts something that the reason the policy was created didn't intend to restrict, then the policy should be changed.
This policy is for our user pages.
- "Userpages are for editors to give information about themselves as editors on the wiki; ie: Past wiki editing experiences, what they do on the wiki, and preferred methods of contact."
If a user page meets one of these bullets, it will be deleted.
- Contains vulgar language, offensive material, or inappropriate pictures.
- Belongs to a user that has never contributed to the wiki.
- Simply commenting on talkpages is not considered contribution, unless you're seriously contributing to discussions on how to improve articles.
- One liners which don't state anything helpful or just state the obvious (this includes under construction pages).
- Is completely blank.
Generally, the idea is try to actually contribute to the wiki for a while first, then after a while just add something short to detail who you are as an editor. A fair number of our best editors don't even have userpages, most of the userpages created here just feature abuse.
This policy is punishable. The following should be used as criteria for determining the proper consequences;
- First offense: Deletion of the userpage + Warning
- Second offense: Deletion of the userpage + 3 day block
- Third offense: Deletion of the user page + 1 week block
- Fourth offense: Deletion of the user page + right to create a user page revoked + 1 month block
- Fifth offense: Permanent block