|“||He's the one... The Saiyan of legend!||”|
Legendary Super Saiyan (伝説の超サイヤ人, Densetsu no Sūpā Saiya-jin), known simply as the Legendary Saiyan (伝説のサイヤ人, Densetsu no Saiya-jin) in the Sixth Universe, is a rampaging and destructive full-power variation of the Super Saiyan. It is a unique Super Saiyan transformation achieved by only two known Saiyans, Broly and Kale, and Vegeta speculates that this transformation was what Saiyans were originally like.
Like the traditional Super Saiyan transformation, as well as the Super Saiyan God transformation, the Legendary Super Saiyan is renowned in Saiyan legend as a demonic and ultimately self-destructive Saiyan who appears only once every thousand years.
There seems to be some major differences between the two versions of this transformation, split between the sixth and seventh universe's users despite their obvious visual similarity. The variations are:
- Legendary Saiyan: When it manifests in Kale, it is described as a "berserk" (暴走, bōsō) state due to her loss of sanity and tendency to fight as a rampaging berserker whenever she adopts the form. It is this berserker quality that has caused the Saiyan race to label those who transform into the Legendary Super Saiyan state as demons.
- Super Saiyan Full Power: However, when it manifests in Broly, it is the full-power version of his Super Broly state, which combines the power of the Great Monkey Transformation with the traditional Super Saiyan form, resulting in a being of inconceivable power.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dragon Ball Super: Broly
- ↑ The image is from the Broly character poster for the new movie
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dragon Ball Super chapter 38
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Dragon Ball Super chapter 37
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Dragon Ball Super Blu-Ray Box 10 Setting Art Book
- ↑ "2018 Dragon Ball Super" Production Committee
- ↑ Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2
- ↑ V-Jump (Jan. 2019)
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 100