|Galaxy||Milky Way, North Galaxies|
Planet Makyō (
Planet Makyō seems to be moving through space, and once every 5,000 years (changed to either 10,000 or 12,000 years depending on the dub), it passes close to Earth, coinciding with an alignment of several stars, which power all the Makyan demons inhabiting Earth.
It was because of Planet Makyō getting close to Earth that Garlic Junior was able to escape the Dead Zone. When it got even closer to Earth, Garlic Jr., Gassu, and Vinegar were able to increase their size and muscle mass and become stronger, after being beaten by Piccolo, Kuririn, and Gohan. It was extremely close to Earth by the time Garlic Jr. reopened the Dead Zone, but Piccolo knew from Spice that it was Garlic Jr.'s source of power, and so he told Gohan to blow it up. Gohan attacked and destroyed Planet Makyō with the Red Wave, draining Garlic Junior's energy and causing him to be sucked back into the Dead Zone for all eternity.
- The fact that it travels through solar systems, instead of being bounded by a central force of gravity, implies that Planet Makyō is a rogue planet.
- There are a couple variations on the approximate time frame in which Planet Makyō passes close to the Earth depending on the dub (either 10,000 or 12,000 years), but the Japanese version states that it appears every 5,000 years.
- The events of the Garlic Jr. Saga is dubbed "Makyo Star" in the Story-Mode of Dragon Ball Z: budokai Tenkaichi 2.
- 魔 (Ma) = Demon/Devil/Evil Spirit/Evil influence
- 凶 (Kyō) = Evil/Bad luck/Disaster
- 星 (Hoshi/Sei) = Star/Planet
- ↑ Daizenshuu 7, 1996