The Tournament of Power (力の大会, Chikara no Taikai) is an inter-universal martial arts competition hosted by two Zen'ō in order to determine which universes among eight universes with the lowest Mortal Level will be erased.
The tournament is structured as a battle royal lasting 100 "tacks" — approx. 48 Earth minutes, which features a single match between eighty warriors, each ten selected by Hakaishin and Kaiōshin of each respective universe. While the winning team is rewarded with a wish from the Super Dragon Balls, the seven losing teams have their universe and all its inhabitants including themselves destroyed.
Much like the Tenka-Ichi Budōkai, the Tournament of Power has several rules, which are as follows:
- The goal of the match is to push the opponent out of the ring. Should the opponent collapse, they are to be tossed out of the ring.
- Weapons other than techniques are forbidden.
- Opponents may not be killed.
- The Air Dance Technique is nullified in the Realm of Nothingness. However, biological and other forms of artificial Flight are allowed.
- Stamina healing objects like Senzu are forbidden.
- It is strongly recommended that the 10 fighters from their respective universe will have to utilize teamwork and strategy, rather than power alone.
- Attacking from the stands is forbidden, and will result in erasure.
- Should there be a single person left in the Tournament Ring, they will be victors of their universe.
Zen Exhibition Match
Main article: Zen Exhibition Match
The Universes Prepare
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 78
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Dragon Ball Super episode 81
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 105
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 115
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 97
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 83